Lotus Cuisine of India received the Bay Area Green Business Award at the April 22, 2014 Marin County Board of Supervisors meeting. The green business seal of certification was accepted by Lotus owners Surinder Sroa and his wife Linda.
The Bay Area Green Business Program is a member of the California Green Business Program which distinguishes small businesses that protect, preserve and sustain our environment.
The Bay Area Green Business Program partners with local environmental agencies and utilities to assist, offers incentives, and verify that participating businesses conserve energy and water, minimize waste, prevent pollution, and shrink their carbon footprints.
The Lotus Cuisine Indian Restaurant in San Rafael meets the environmental standards officially recognized by the Bay Area Green Business Program. Some of the environmental management practices implemented by Lotus in recent years are:
- State-of-the-art energy-efficient kitchen with environmentally friendly “Energy Star” appliances
- Water Conservation
- Energy efficient lighting
- Switch to using organic and non GMO ingredients
- Sponsoring and supporting local and global green organizations. These include: San Rafael Clean, Bioneers Conference, Marin Organic, Earth Day Marin and Marin Green Drinks
- Member of Marin Clean Energy’s (MCE) Deep Green Program providing Lotus with 100% renewable energy
- Offer discount to encourage customers to bring their own containers for take-out and leftovers.