We are well known and have received many awards and accolades for serving North Indian Cuisine from a generous menu specializing in Vegan, Vegetarian and Gluten Free dishes and delicacies. We use homemade organic ghee (clarified butter) in all our cooking. Our team personally chooses and uses only the finest organic and local ingredients.
Our restaurant is one of four Indian restaurants in Marin County run by Surinder Sroa and his family. Surinder is proud to have so many members of his family helping to make our group of Indian restaurants the very best in the San Francisco North Bay.
Surinder and Linda Sroa, their son Jyoti and nephew Amba created this eatery in 1998 to feature:
- the warm, full flavors of contemporary Indian cuisine complete with personally handpicked herbs and spices and foods;
- a cozy atmosphere and delightful ambiance framed by Indian decor;
- gracious hosts with quick and courteous service;
- their experienced master chef, Purshotam, whose creations are based on core Indian cuisine
- a wide range of choices for particular tastes, including varying degrees of spice and oil, vegan and vegetarian palettes.
Pacific Sun’s readers agree we are number one:
Best Indian Restaurant in Marin 1999-2003
PacSun Hall of Fame 2004-2007
Best Indian Restaurant from 2008 to 2012
PacSun Hall of Fame 2013 to 2016
Our accomplishments are rated EXCELLENT in the Bay Area ZAGAT Guide every year from 1999 until today.
We are pleased to continue catering to your fine Indian dining needs and we thrive on your comments!
We are a proud member of the San Rafael Chamber of Commerce. Special Offer for Chamber Members: Mention your Membership and get 10% off
We give thanks to our community. Beginning on Thanksgiving in 2003, our family of Marin County restaurants (Cafe Lotus, Lotus Cuisine) began a tradition to give back to our community during the Thanksgiving holiday season. Every year on the day before Thanksgiving we open our doors and offer all our guests a free meal, no strings attached. This is just our way of saying Thank You Marin!